Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Nature's Son............(poem)




















I listen to the songs of old, and paint the good moments now posted on the wall.
This is for the Times,
This is for the Vibe,
This is for everything that is, and the child I used to be.
Eyes closed I feel the beat,
Hoping each time it takes me
Far Far Far away.
Where law is written by turntablalists, and B-boys patrol the streets
Political Emcees, block parties, chocolate cities, where I'd artwalk the night away
Like Jet Set Radio.
Where flavors unfold and skill is shown, I'm grown but thats my never never land
A Penny Lane hello,
A symphany fellow, and cool mellow groove, like just vibin like,
I'm Alive man in silence I'm still Time Traveling
Beyond average, still standing and non staggering.
The last of them
And my eyes are closed
And Yo I side with those, as in thugs, hustlas, and have not, I don't mean the cash pots
NO, I'm speaking of the please I have not
Not
seen the sunrise, Not felt the raindrops on my face, I've been struggling to keep pace
So I don't take time to notice.
I work for quotas, see I'm a novice in life I just want a piece of the pie
Or kick it with my dime and nickel.
An ice sickle when the weathers dry, a sweet and long goodbye, but I'll see you again
Like true friends.
I wanna wonder where the day went and yet not worry cause it was good time spent
Amongst those close like the water fights I remember.
Time rushes just like water so it seems
Fluid
Yet we swam thru it, cause to do it mean to be free.
I'd change nothing because I've made something of myself
See I'm a survivor
So A toast to the moment and to those who've made it this far
I am my brothers keeper
And I'm gone look out for yall. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you my dear friend are diffrent. Who am I?

Anonymous said...

what the fuck does that post mean? I mean the anonymous one above me, not "Nature's Son..." You've got a track that's called that too, right, Ant?

Lessence said...

naa, i think your just thinkin about the stuff we wrote for Stew.....well the stuff you wrote. Oh yea I read this one at a writer's circle.

Lessence said...

BTW sometimes i write poetry just for the sake of writing poetry. Lol, everything isn't for a song Gary.

Anonymous said...

taking it in...

Anonymous said...

wow...sometimes i forget how talented you are, but i do have to agree that you can be an asshole at times too (smile)

Luv your cuz,
Ty