Sunday, April 24, 2011

Punch Drunk Love Driver


I am a car junky.
Here is my track record.
I've driven everything from a Mini Cooper to a Platinum Edition Cadillac Escalade.
In the last 10 years I have owned over 20 cars at least.
1 Dodge, 4 Mercedes, 1 Infiniti, 2 Audis, 1 Corvette, 2 Cadillacs, 2 Acuras, 5 BMWs, 2 Lexus, 2 Toyotas, 1 Mini, 1 Jaguar, 2 Fords, 1 Isuzu,
and while I'm sure I've left something out.... Finally my
1980 Porsche 911SC.

I always wanted a porsche as a child. Life is interesting, the same image of a car that mocked me in movies, hot wheel toys, and posters on my wall now sits comfortably in the garage outside silently waiting for another go. I searched for this vehicle for 6 months once I knew the moment of financial opportunity was near. Having driven so many cars now I'd actually become numb toward buying another after a while, like a junky who looses his high with each hit. Yet once again I sat up at night waiting for when the transport would tell me they had arrived from the southern Californian location I found it in headed east to Kansas.

I even had my son video tape the moment we met. And I watch that video anytime I think of getting rid of it. Still I tend to get bored with cars. I've traded thru another 4 cars since I purchased my Porsche last august. My latest daily is a Audi A8L which I enjoy quite well for the time being. That porsche is another story, the thing is just hard to get rid of. Nothing makes me feel better than driving my 911, like just when I'm about to get rid of it, I fall in love all over again.
Kinda gay huh? LOL
Flip Side.
I gotta point out that this thing blows no A/C in the summer, damn near no heat in the winter, rides rough, and lack a few other creature comforts. Yet and still has proven to be a keeper.

Can't help but feel like wondering "what the hell am I doing right now?". Am I writing a post about a car?
I was feeling this post a minute ago, now it's kinda tapered off haha. Really though, I love the car, it's manage to stay with me and be apart of some good moments in my life like when I proposed to me ex-wife. Anyway, blah, blah, blah, blah,
and good nite.

2 comments:

TFblahblah101 said...

You ain't single yet! I was feeling your reflection, right up until that last part. SMH

Lessence said...

I look forward to reading YOUR blog TF..... when you decide to start one.