Saturday, May 07, 2011

High Society?



The Good, The bad, The ugly.

I am just getting home from a wedding reception of a good friend and/or associate of mine who by topeka standards is for lack of better words a "rich man".

I truly must admit that in the midst of car salesman, business owners, lawyers, and insurance agents, (most of whom I met are self employed and quite successful) I do not recommend being amongst these individuals if your self image is already tainted. The high notes of my evening were time spent with peers and good friend of whom I have already come to know due to certain company I keep in daily life. As well as being introduce to the owner and invited to a club usually reserved for business men, that I do intend to join (Mainly due to the level of food and service I am told they provide). But let me do this right, because I do not intend to just transcribe the night.

There were awkward moments that made my mind travel, and that all together I did not like. Like being brushed of by the bride and hearing a very rich lawyers wife refer to me as "E.T." Haha, which oddly enough I found amusing. Russ Briggs, though probably intoxicated ruined my name after being introduced to me, but overall I enjoyed the conversations I had and took in the information as a sponge would water.

There was a time I took much to many things to heart, so I enjoy now how my 32 year old mind works in the mist of those I would consider less than decent people. Meaning that if I do not respect you or your conduct as a human being, I don't much respect your opinion on much else. Not that I can confirm many at this event, if I had to I could name a few. And while I do not know if their attitude is due to money or my race, though I would lean more toward money, which made me think of my conduct towards those who are less fortunate than myself. I know and believe more money will come into my possession in the future, I do not want to loose the empathy and brotherhood I hold with all the people I meet and have met in life.

And with that said there were indeed some good people and good conversation in which I was honored to engage in tonight and I very much hope to again. I enjoy listening to people as much as I enjoy running my mouth when I have the chance. And I have always looked fondly on the opportunity that lies within each and everyday of this life we live.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Damn