Thursday, September 29, 2005

The Ultimate High

Complete Me.


On a serious note, earlier this week I had a discusion with my cousin Ty about relationships.
It got me thinking I need to write another post on relationships.

Now when I ran across the image above it made me feel something that I haven't been able to admit to myself for quite sometime. I want a wife. And even more so, a child born from a marriage under God. That I believe would complete me. I mean look at that picture. Doesn't it seem like thats what we are here for?
Whats happen to us in these times where something as simple as that has become so very difficult. So difficult in fact that some of us do whatever we can to have it even if it's so very far from perfect. We settle. Maybe because we're simply tired of trying to find that person we spent so many nights dreaming of, I mean hey "when your thirsty who cares how dirty the water is, just give it to me!!" Hell most of us been drinking dirty water so long we're grown acustom to it. Life goes on.

Me. Well. I don't smoke, I don't gamble, I don't drink(much anyway). I've manage to sway the from attraction of addiction. But I remember when i fell in love with someone who was bad for me. It was like crack. I lived to be with someone who was no good for me, still trying to get that first high I got from them the first 3 months, but those months were gone, and so was the high. I know i'm not alone, so why do we do that. Not only that but when is the line drawn. Well my line was drawn when I realized(in a rare moment), that I couldn't remember the last genuinely good time I had with her, and all the arguments and silence inbetween made me realize the person i fell in love with was a lie, and nothing more. And it has to be that way.

Leaving her was like detox, I couldn't sleep, I was jittery, cold sweats,(hehe i'm really trying to paint a bad picture here). But ya know I was basically trying to fight the urge to call her or answer the phone when she called me. And just like when you quite crack you can't go back to hanging out at the crack spots, or the crowd and activities you had when you was getting high. So I found others things to do with my time. And i'm good now. In an effort as to not be long winded I'm gonna wrap this up with. If you find yourself with someone who you know is bad for you, don't listen to your heart anymore because it will betray you. Couples will argue but time should bring people closer together not drive them apart. If when you think of the person your with and there are rare moments you think of them and smile your adiction has become an affliction. Life be it too short or very long is still a one time gig, don't waist it on someone who's not uplifting you.

You may miss that one where things come together making you,
Completely Whole Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are Your Kids Blogging?
It's a term that many parent's may never have heard of, blogging. By definition, a blog is a chronological publication of personal thoughts and web links.
Hi, I am new at this and I’ve been blog surfing for the latest information on ##keyword## and landed on your blog. Obviously I ended up off track somewhere, but I'm certainly glad that I did! I had no idea there are so many neat sites out here. I think my kids were born knowing how to operate computers… but not me! Would you mind if I link to your blog from my "favorites" page?

Anonymous said...

What is with these random comments people posts...?

Anonymous said...

Do you think that a wife and child would really complete you, or are you caught up with what society says 'should' complete us? I can appreciate it if that's what you really want, but I was curious when you said 'Doesn't it seem like thats what we are here for?' Granted, the people in that picture look happy...but that isn't how everyone defines 'happiness'. Just a thought....

Lessence said...

You may have misunderstood the context i was trying to get across. While true that is what I felt when I looked at the picture. But i was more or less trying to get the reader to think to themselves. One what does that picture bring to mind for them, and two what do they feel thier purpose in this world is. In other words it was a question not a statement brought on to provoke thought. BTW yes I would like that as I said in the blog.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes a person that utterly hates you adds just as much to your character as someone who utterly loves you.............................................................................but who wants that?

Anonymous said...

So the blog touched me. However, how can being with someone and having a child in a marriage complete you? This is not how life works. You want to do it by God's standards, even he says 'Let me make you whole, before i join you with a mate'. The point i'm trying to make is this, marriage and a child do not make you whole at all. Those are wonderful dreams to have, and try to obtain. But, one must think, what are you lacking within YOU that wants these things. Work on you, before you get to that point friend. We all must do that, if not we'll just end up another statistic of divorced Americans.