Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Big man/Little man.




Ok so....... where to begin?

I have issues with masculinity. Mostly because I'm still a skinny dude.
I traded the athletic days of my youth for books, music, and conversation. Still I have managed to stay in pretty good shape through the years. I don't look like the old man I am on the inside, haha (knee slapper).

Manhood is one of those things ya know.
My father was a very manly guy, even to this day in his old age he can be an intimidating figure. I know that all the good qualities about him have become a blueprint to me of the measure of a man. And sometime I ask myself if I have been a better man than him, even without the manly physical qualities he possessed.
Subconsciously I find myself sizing up men all the time. I used to fight a lot when I was growing up, and I was good at it. So I wonder a lot how I would hold up in a fight now that the years have gone by. My job is like a gym locker room, full of alpha male egos, man-jokes, and who's got the biggest dick conversations. Needless to say I am totally immersed in testosterone.
Hell the first time I watched the movie 300 I couldn't help but feel like a woman. Haha.

Thing is, I don't think that this is just me. As a matter of fact I know it isn't.
These are the things that concern men in general I am willing to bet.
Along with Power, money, women, and the size of our dicks. I go out to clubs and find my self in a scene so superficial I usually choose not to participate. And still I understand it in all of it's "human nature".

Women. This post isn't a women why some women like me and some don't post, but. I do analyze what women are and aren't into. And how I fit into that relation. I forget that I am skinny a lot. There is such a big man inside this small frame. And I don't carry myself like a skinny guy. LOL, mostly because I tend to forget how small I am. If I am that small anyway. Could all just be in my head. I doubt that though.
Suppose I could just hit the gym.
I don't wanna be a BIG guy though, I just wanna stay in shape.
However small I may be I have always depicted myself image as a larger man than I seem. Pride myself on personality, and accomplishment. As well as depth.

None of this takes away a certain insecurity I get from not developing into the physical man my father was, or even my concept of what a man should be physically while most of my peers grew to be what I considered (physically) as men. Though most aren't half the man as I.
I am not a hairy man, I am not a large man. I can't grow a beard and most of my body hasn't changed much since I was 17 or 19.
So, self consciously I wonder what women think of me when they see me. Especially the ones who are totally into me, and especially those who see me naked.

Ultimately I don't feel I live up to my own personal image of self sometimes, and I don't like that.
I hope that (mentally) isn't holding me back.

Enough.

1 comment:

ssn said...

My baby isn't a juice head, but he is still very manly. His size has never made him or me feel like he was inferior to anyone. Hell, he's more manly than some of the bigger guys I've dated....

Anyways, I've said all of that to say that it is not your stature, but the way that you carry yourself that determines how "manly" you are.

Now, what determines manliness is a totally different topic.