Thursday, May 26, 2005

I Wish


Grandma's steps Posted by Hello

I found a book of my old poems and i began to think back on whats been lost with time. Though things are better now financially, sometimes i wonder at what price. I used to write alot of poetry and I like reading it these days. Since most of it is forgotten it's almost like reading it for the first time, and it's the closest I can get to seeing myself from the outiside.
Anyway, this is one of them.


"I Wish"

Sometimes I Wish I could forget all my days and trail blaze
I Wish
I could retire my face and remain anonomous
I Wish
For more money of course and a lil' weed, maybe just another luxury ful filling a need and
I Wish
For more wishes I'd alter my lifespeed -slow down-
maybe ride out till like 3000 and 3
I Wish
For more skill to give emcees more pressure
I Wish
For more linen in my wall to wall dresser
I Wish
For zealots to fetish in something other than hatin'
I Wish
Nothing was said about me and my past relations
I Wish
I could look at the world thru an addicts eyes
I Wish
I was a fly on the wall to see the lies
I Wish
I could be happy, like a young soul hungers for pappy
I Wish away all the knots in the nappy
I Wish
It wasn't my OWN race tryna get at me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i wish
"i could look at the world thru an addicts eyes".

[u have a beautiful mind]